Sunday, December 16, 2007

Christmas Time :)

I am really loving this time of year - especially today, because it's chilly outside. I have no deep amazing insight into this holiday or anything, it's just Christmas time - and that makes me smile :)

I have been very busy the last few weeks, but for the most part (besides my apparent inability to keep my room clean - what's up with that?) I have really had some good times. Me and the girls had a great Christmas party at our apartment, I went to my first ever corporate Christmas party and wore a dress that made me feel beautiful, and last night I went to the wedding of one of my favorite people - Sarah Wolfskill. I'm telling you you have never met a more genetically blessed family than this one. Those are some good looking people. But the highlight of my night was spending time with a few girls who I rarely see anymore...

Jill Marie Hopson - my carpool buddy extraordinaire! This lovely meteorologist has a heart of gold AND can explain to why the wind conditions constitue mild hurricane conditions. Jill and I had such great conversations and caught up on some long overdue hugging. This girl has hugs that make my world go around. And the best part - I got to spend the night with her! Jill Marie is the best because she can shoot it to ya straight and will always be real... we will be spending much more time together from now on. I insist.

Jennifer Poole - I miss this lady and her ghetto fabulousness. No other Bible study partner I know can lead you to that verse in the Bible you can't put your finger on AND quote Kanye at the most opportune times. No, but seriously, this lady has a sense of joy that could power a large city. I laugh laugh laugh when I'm with her, and she makes me happy just to be around her!

Rebecca Sample - This girl has dance moves you have to see to believe. I love how real Rebecca is. She's pure loveliness, and doesn't put on airs of any sort. Rebecca makes me smile, and when she looks at you with her big sweet eyes, your heart more or less melts. It's hard to put my finger on - but she's one of those people that when your around her, you know you just want more. She makes you feel good, because she's just that great. I hope I can see more of her that I currently do, she is a friend that I know I want to keep close to me.

Meredith Meuth - I've never met anyone quite like Mere. Every word she says is SO deeply from the heart you know that there is no pretense there. When Meredith says she likes old people, the girl ain't joking. When Meredith says she's excited to be somewhere or doing something, she's not just paying lip service, you can rest in the assurance that the girl is truely thrilled. Meredith is such a great friend... she always makes you feel welcome and appreciated. She will always affirm with her words and actions, and someone like that is really worth her weight in gold.

So thanks to all my friends for being stellar people who make my heart smile when I'm around you. God has blessed me with so much - great girlfriends being one of my favorite blessings of all. Christmas is a time for friends and family, and I've got some of the best!

Love y'all - Cher

No comments:

Post a Comment