Saturday, April 30, 2011

Ahem, tap tap, is this thing on?

It’s been a while, but I’m still here!  I have plenty going on in my life that I want to share with the world, but I sometimes wonder if the world truly wants to hear!  I mean I don’t have babies to show off or world travels for you to envy.  I typically don’t enjoy sermon blogs either (i.e. I’m going to tell you what the Bible says and why you should do it…) But the truth is, my mom said I should start blogging again and I really did miss it!  I love to write, but just was a bit self conscious about the whole thing!

One thing I can say – God has been getting ALL up in my business lately!  Much has happened in me since December when I last posted, and if there is any lesson I’ve been learning – it’s that transparency is a GOOD THING.  Me being open and vulnerable with my brothers and sisters fosters an honest environment where you can see me for who I really am, and feel free to show your true colors around me.  That’s all I ever really want in people… just let me see YOU.

At my office, I am so blessed to work in a Christian environment where we openly seek God as a group - praying together, studying the Word together, and handling office conflicts through a lens of “What is God trying to teach ME in this moment”?  It’s real life, nitty gritty, heartbreaking, overwhelmingly joyful stuff.  I serve under a leader who loves God with all her heart, soul, mind, and strength.  It’s no utopia, but it’s God’s place.  One of our former students wrote to tell us recently that they were mentioning The WorkFaith Connection to a friend of theirs and the friend responded “Oh! Is that that God place?  I’ve heard of it”.  Music to my ears and my heart!

So I realized – I do have a story to share!  I won’t blurt the whole background in one blog post, but hopefully can share in the next few days.  Just know that I have decided to rename the blog to more appropriately reflect this season of my life, the story I have to share, and my identity in Christ.  God has me on an unusual and exciting journey – I want to share what God is teaching ME (not to preach to YOU) and help shed a little light on the beautiful mess that my eyes have been opened to.  I will unveil the new name after I think of it, I just feel compelled to make it happen!

Love y’all so very much!

Cher

2 comments:

  1. Cher- you're beautiful. Love and miss ya. That's all!
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back my sweet friend. I have missed you! :-)

    ReplyDelete