Sunday, October 21, 2007

Ouch!

I need to blog more often, so lets start with NOW. Thanks and gig 'em :)

This past week has been quite a crazy ride. For those who aren't aware, I work for KPMG as an auditor, and my client is Anadarko Petroleum so I work out in the Woodlands every day... shopping anyone?) Tuesday morning I went downtown to get a free flu shot and drove back out to the Woodlands around 10ish - so far so good. The guys (I am the only girl out there) made an understandable amount of fun at the fact that I would drive all that way just to get a shot that will inject me with sickness. I assured them that I would NOT get sick, because I was Cheryl... the girl who NEVER gets sick. Sure enough, around 2 pm my stomach starts to hurt and the numbers on my spreadsheet are looking a little fuzzy. I stuck it out until 6, refusing to tell the guys that I felt like absolute crap. I would NOT be "that girl" right after I had gloated about my superior health. So I drove home in misery and immediately crawled in my big fabulous bed where I proceeded to call my mother 6 times over the next 3 hours to whine about my stomach. Calling your mom when you're sick is something I think you just can't grow out of. Anyways - at 9 pm I decided enough was enough and drove myself (much to my mothers chagrin) to the emergency room at Methodist Hospital. Of course, the parents met me there, and we sat in the waiting room for the next 5 hours. My only source of amusement during that time was watching my mother nearly lose it when the kid across from us blared "Crank that Soulja Boy" from his computer for the 50th (literally) time. Talk about a song to have on repeat. Anyways - long story marginally shorter - after they took blood, x-rays, did a CAT scan, and performed all of the other ER essentials I was informed I had severe appendicitis and I was being admitted for emergency surgery to have my appendix taken out! I spent a day or so in the hospital, where I was visited by some of the most fabulous people I know, and I've been taking it easy in Kingwood ever since!

I'm going back to my apartment today and going back to work tomorrow, but the few days of rest have been amazing. I mean, I was sore for 90% of it, but I just laid around and read a book! God is good at giving our bodies a rest when it's needed I suppose :)

It's been so long since I caught everyone up on my life... I'll have to update everyone over the next week or so, so keep checking back! I'll post some footage of the new apartment soon if anyone is interested!

I love you guys - keep me updated on your lives as well!

Cher

No comments:

Post a Comment