Tuesday, October 23, 2007

First Date in a Box




I was making some changes to my myspace about me section and got to writing so much I decided I might as well make a blog out of it :) I also realized in reading over what I had written that with all the stuff that you are learning about me in this post, we might as well be on a first date! So lets pretend we're getting coffee and get to know each other... I'll go first :)


What am I like? I think a personality is best summed up by behavior:

I don't like clutter or having too much stuff (except maybe shoes and books!) because it makes me antsy. I think having one of everything you need is plenty. In most cases, I use up a whole product before I buy a second one.

When I get a bag of multi-flavored candies, I always eat all my least favorite flavors first and work my way to my favorite, saving the best for last... and that order is always and invariably yellow, green, purple, orange, red. The exception is sweet tarts, in which my number one flavor is blue :)

I don't like to cook because it's no fun working on a meal for an hour and then having it disappear in fifteen minutes. However I love to bake, because it lasts a few days and can be enjoyed more than once. If I do cook, I prefer cassaroles, chili, etc... things that will last.

Are you getting the hang of Cheryl? Thats just my nutty logical side - but there's more!

I love to read and and I love to write - scratch that- I love to read and I love to type. If I write I always write in cursive because I think I have very pretty handwriting, and cursive is a dying artform. I mostly get absorbed in Christian living books - I could live in that section of Half Price Books. But honestly, I'll read anything if it makes me feel uplifted.

I love to sing - and sing loud... and sing when I'm alone, and sing when I'm in a crowd, and sing in my head at work. I really want to be a wedding singer someday but I havn't quite figured out how to ask a group of people if they'd like to form a cover band! I'm keeping my wedding singing career in my prayers for now :) When and if God has need for that in his kingdom, I know he'll let me know.

I love red flavored things. If it's red, I'll eat it. Period.

My best friend always tells people "Cheryl isn't rude... she's just observant." I like to call things like I see them. If you ask a question, expect an answer. If I have a question, and I feel 98% sure there is a legitimate reason to ask, I probably will. (Ex: What happened to your nose, I noticed it's really crooked?) I would never ask if I just thought it was deformed. But if it's clearly injury related - I'm willing to take that bet. Or as a partner at my firm discovered today, if you ask me about the mechanics of my appendectomy, expect a anatomically correct discussion - he laughed at me and said I was unusually blunt. Ha! You asked mister...

I LOVE Sundays, and everything about them. I love going to church and spending time with all the people who get me and my passion for following Christ. I love all the give and get involved with a community of believers. I can't wait to make one of the Houston churces I've been visiting home!

I don't chew gum... the whole concept is nasty.

My love languages are words of encouragement and physical touch. Ladies, if we are having a girl chat, I'm probably wishing we could hold hands or scoot a little closer. Not in a gross way - just because I know that if we invaded each others space, we'd probably really get down to the business of knowing each other.

I WISH I was mysterious. I am not. My desire to tell you all about myself in a blog pretty much clears up any questions about that one. My heart lives right out there on my sleeve. I love reading about other people and what makes them tick, so I figure I'll tell a bit about myself for the others like me that like this sort of thing.


I love being tall... it's the bomb.com.

My number one goal in life is to serve my God and join Him in partnering to save our lost world. I am called to make disciples... and right now I have been specifically called to work in Houston as an accountant. I hope to someday work either as a missionary teaching the skills of money management or for a missions organization supporting the business end of things. But that's just Cheryl's big idea - God might have another one... and that's cool too :)


There is more, lots more, but this is the cliffs notes version for sure. When myspace asked me to write "about me" they really opened a can of worms!

1 comment:

  1. HA HA HA!! I laughed out loud. I like the part about scooting closer to your girlfriends to talk... haha I do that too. Also the part about wishing to be mysterious... you called it girl... I wish the same thing. But there are a few things I keep in reserve for just God and a couple things for just my best friend (Jara) but mostly I will tell the stranger on the street almost anything... almost. Anyway, yeah too late I had already discovered your blog! booyah. It is fun, I read up on your life but I guess I forgot to leave a comment! Now you get one. Well thanks for enlightening us on the world of Cheryl. It always cracks me up to hear your honesty and perspective!! Miss ya girl, take care.

    ReplyDelete