Sunday, November 11, 2007

Houston Coffee Spots

Hey-lo friends. So this weekend I set out to visit a few local coffee spots that would provide a good place for me to study for the CPA exam (1 left! Yay!)

Yesderday I visited Bookstop, which is technically a Barnes and Noble built into the old Alabama theatre on Shephard. The coffee was Starbucks, and oh so good! I got so much studying done there... I just love bookstores.

Today I looked on CitySearch for places with free wifi and ran across Taft Street Coffee. I decided to give it a shot. Upon walking up I was greeted by a man who shook my hand, asked how I'd come across the place, and proceeded to give me a tour of the whole place! Cool! As it turns out, the place is actually the Houston Ecclesia church which I had heard of before. They have built in a coffee house, bookstore, and art gallery. The man invited me to stay for the evening 5:30 service - and considering how I had just spent time that morning in prayer about where I should visit for church, I decided it sounded like a win win to me :) Plus, I ran into a guy who went to Grace with me and we chatted for a little while. God is so cool!

I have been visiting HFBC which I like very much - but tonight we are going to give Ecclesia a try. It is very different from other churches I've ever attended - very artsy and such, but sometimes you just need to let God help you reach outside the box!

Love ya- Cher

1 comment: