Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Day 2 - Best Restaurant Experience

Day 2 - Share the best restaurant experience you had this year. Who was there? What made it amazing? What taste stands out in your mind?


My favorite restaurant experience of 2009 was in September when we celebrated my Dad's 60th birthday at Rudi Lechner's. I'm not normally a big fan of German food, but my dad sure is - so we wanted to go someplace he would really enjoy. If you are in the market for some really good German food, an authentic German atmosphere (down to the waitresses dresses), and live German polka music (every Wednesday through Saturday night) - this place is for you! We had such a blast!

Several things made this restaurant amazing - but the biggest thing was seeing how much my dad enjoyed my pick! It's always a great feeling when you do your research and try to find the perfect spot - and then the person you take there absolutely loves it! The taste that sticks out most in my mind was the cheesy spaetzle. It's like German Macaroni, but made with potatoes - I could have eaten that alone and been satisfied! But to add to it - the yummiest sauerkraut and red cabbage you've ever tried!

And finally, to top it all off, I got a blue balloon to match the uncontrollably cute blue dress I wore :) Need I say more??

1 comment:

  1. I loved that place when we went for Oktoberfest. The authenticity really is amazing and I have to agree on the best red cabbage and sauerkraut I've ever had. And the beerschniztel was phenomenal!!

    ReplyDelete